Spring has finally come & been with us in Nashville!! Which means: fresh fruit, outdoor fests, Nola Granola on everything, fruit, The Peach Truck, drive-in movies, & fresh foods!!
Recently when I had 3 little/less than half full containers of blueberries, raspberries & blackberries, I knew I had a crumble waiting to happen... Add Salted Caramel Granola to the mix & you've got a darn good treat!!
Crust and Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted; Bakers choice, salted or unsalted. I only had salted butter in the house & it worked out wonderfully.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats; again only had quick oats in the house, & it worked out amazing.ly
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Salted Caramel Nola Granola
- Pictured is a 1/4 cup of each fruit: blueberries, blackberries, & 1/2 cup of raspberries. Bakers choice to take away fruit, or add in more.
- Although I used fresh fruit, you can certainly use frozen. Adjust baking time accordingly; keep an eye/nose on the baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter an 8-inch square pan.
- Crust and Crumble Topping - In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour, oats, sugars, Salted Caramel Granola and stir to combine.
- Set 1 cup mixture aside to be sprinkled on later as crumble topping.
- Pour the remaining crumble crust goodness into the buttered 8 inch square pan. Using a spatula or your hands, press the crumble to create an even, smooth layer crust.
- Optional: When you're finished pressing the crust into an even layer, drizzle extra Salted Caramel. It'll add the creamy, butter, caramel-esque of Salted Caramel Granola.
- Blueberry Layer - In a large mixing bowl (same one used for crust & crumble works), add all ingredients & toss to combine.
- Evenly distribute fruit mixture over the crust.
- Evenly sprinkle with the extra 1 cup crumble topping mixture.
- Drizzle Salted Caramel Granola over the top
- For fresh fruit, bake for about 40 minutes, frozen will be longer around 55 minutes, or until edges are set and center has just set. Crumble topping should appear set & the fruit will be bubbling. Watch the crumble, not the timer, when evaluating doneness. Place your pan onto a wire rack for cooling time. Cool for a little bit, and serve warm! Ideally cut the crumble, pair it with vanilla ice cream or butter pecan & top with Salted Caramel Granola or Bourbon Pecan Granola! Enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from: Averie Cooks http://www.averiecooks.com/2015/02/blueberry-oatmeal-crumble-bars.html