That's right, Bourbon Pecan Rice Krispy Treats. And they're worth every single calorie!!
- 1 box of Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 stick of butter
- Now, Phillip of Southern Fatty (go check out his Instagram profile, foodporn galore!!) adds a 1/4 tsp of vanilla.. genuis!!
- I added in a splash of Bourbon to make it a bit more boozy & fun
- 1 Bag of your favorite Nola Granola, I used Bourbon Pecan
- Didja know that we soak the pecans in real bourbon for a full 24 hours prior to baking in with the granola? They are like mini heaven bits.
Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat, add the marshmallows.
When the marshmallows have lost their shape/melted, pour in the rice krispy cereal. Optional: add in bourbon for the rice krispy's to soak up.
Now there are two ways to incorporate your fav Nola Granola, you can add in the granola at this step & really incorporate it through the treats. Or you can wait until you pour the treats into a pan & press the granola on top.
And there you have it. These delectable treats didn't last three days at our house...